Sunday, February 12, 2012

Raglan Road Irish Restaurant - Downtown Disney

My son and I went to Raglan Road again Saturday night.  We haven't been there in a few months but we were very pleased.  Our waiter was Vinny.  He looked out of place but was quick to tell us he was half  Irish with a grandmother who came from Cork.  He was a good man - gave us exceptional service with some great "Irish-Italian" personality.

We started with an appetizer of breaded skewered sausages ($11).  Haven't tried them before but will certainly have them again. They come on upturned forks , 9 of them, and a semi-spicy sauce.  They also serve a generous portion of soda bread with a honey and oil dipping plate.  Very good.  Ryan had a cheeseburger with chips ($15) and I had Bangers and Booz ($18).  Never tried it before but it was quite good.  Bangers and mash they call it in the old country with a serving of stew on the corner and a suggestion of rosemary. I really liked it found it to be as close to authentic as I've ever had in the States.  I took a picture of my plate to the annoyance of those seated around me.
I got the photos a little out of sync but the picture above shows the Irish dancers stepping.  We usually don't go in the evening but this day we did.  After hours, say 7:00 pm, there is entertainment in the form of dancing, singing, or a 3 piece band singing old and new Irish tunes. The atmosphere is one of "we're all here - let's enjoy this life".  Everybody loves the setting in an Irish Pub.  I give the place an "A".  I didn't add the plus because my seat was very uncomfortable.  Ever sit on a bench and there's an uneven board up your behind?  They must know this but plop you there anyway.  Oh, well.  Everything else was fine so I just sat there.  If you visit try Raglan Road.  I hope you find me telling you the truth!  Thanks again for reading.  More to come.