Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Country Bear Jamboree - Walt Disney World

The County Bear Jamboree is one of the original attractions at Walt Disney World. Located in Frontierland at the Magic Kingdom, the bears have been one of the most popular attractions since 1971 when Disney first opened up in Central Florida.  I first saw the show when I was 11 years old and I still enjoy taking my family.
\
The show is on an 1800's western stage and has about 20 different bears who sing and play.  There are three mounted heads on the wall who start the show and introduce the characters.  It's amazing to me that they have hardly changed the whole show in so many years but it's still immensely popular even today.  The Bear Jamboree is a show so you can gauge your time since it runs about every half hour.  If you have a Fast Pass

you need to use or anything else you want to do you can come back.  The lines can be long for this one so consider going during parades or dinner hours but usually not too long a wait. I did the "kid test"  on this one and they loved it.  It's always been a happy childhood memory for me and I hope you make it one too.