Sunday, October 28, 2012

Tips on How To Plan a Florida Vacation


This is an email I received from a friend of a friend.  Thought it was worth passing on.



Hi Kevin!
I work with a friend of yours in Princeton, NJ. He gave me your card and said I should
contact you.
My story is a bit unusual but wonderful. My son is 28 and not long ago weighed close
 to 400 lbs. All the lecturing in the world was totally ineffective to get him to lose weight
 until I promised him a trip to Disney World if he could lose 100 lbs. A challenge for
 anyone!
But since last January, he’s lost 108 lbs through good diet and exercise. He did this
 all on his own, all I did was find the best incentive for him and off he went!
When we started planning this trip, he decided that he’d much rather go to Universal
Studios. So that’s where we’re going.
Can you help us plan it?
We’re looking towards February,2013 to go. We want to spend 4 days and three night
 there, perhaps right on the premises if we can afford it. Due to his autism, we would
also like the quick pass so there won’t be long waits on lines. Bill said this is right up
 your alley!

Thank you for reading our story and thank you in advance for any help you may provide.

Sincerely,
 (name)





Hi!

It's cool to hear about your son's extraordinary success with the weight loss.  It's a
 major obstacle but I've heard stories in the past of people who tackle mountains
 and win.  Congrats to you both.

I'm guessing from your content either the trip was the incentive  to lose the weight
 or just something you're both planning on doing.  One way or the other our theme
 parks can only be the best vacation you've ever had.  The memories are priceless.

There are several ways to plan your trip and are remarkably painless.  I strongly
suggest vacation package deals which are available on all 3 major park sites:  SeaworldOrlando.com, UniversalOrlando.com, or Disney.go.com. Look for the package
 that fits your stay including lodging.  Universal has FastPass privilege built in to their
lodging as all 3 hotels are on Universal property.  Sea World has participating hotels
 that give discounts and transportation but Fast Pass is extra.  The same with Busch Gardens.  Walt Disney World doesn't have front of the line charge but you can use
 any ticket combo by scanning your ticket at one ride, ride another, then return at
the time they give you to bypass the regular line.  

Also look at dining deals such as pay one fare and eat all day.  Food prices in the
parks are high so to not worry about shelling out every 3 hours is worth the headache.

If you want all-inclusive packaging, to include airfare, then the travel sites are for you.  Expedia, Orbitz, and Kayak can book everything on one site including transportation
to and from the hotels and parks. I'm partial to expedia but they all operate the same
way. If you do your homework and compare all the site deals you can actually save
 on car rental by reserving at the right hotel and be transported to your daily venue.  

The key here is to shop and compare.  I can't emphasize this enough.  Orlando is the
 number one tourist destination in the world.  A lot of people are interested in your
business and competition is fierce.  If you look at several sites and it seems as though
 they are all the same don't be fooled.  They all have a slightly different deal so see
 which one best fits you and your son's needs.  I would research for at least a week.
 It could save you a lot of money.  Also stick to mainstream sites.  There are a lot of
 folks who want your money.  If you find a site and are not sure of their validity please
 contact me and I will verify their authenticity.  I'm certain I know most of them.

I hope this helps.  Enjoy your vacation.  I know you will love it.  

v/r

Kevin





Thank you, Kevin. This is just what I needed! I’ll start looking this weekend.
Thanks so much.
Regards